1.Name the Indian-American author that is currently a member of Arts and Humanities Committee of US
government appointed by President Barack Obama?
Answer: Jhumpa Lahiri
2.Which country's Supreme Court disallowed kite flying during the occasion of the spring festival of Basant?
3.Who is appointed as the Secretary of Petroleum and Natural Gas?
Answer: Sthanunathan Sundareshan
4. Who has taken over as the Director of Operations at the Bangalore based National Cricket Academy in place of his predecessor Dave Whatmore who joined IPL team Kolkata Knight Raiders recently?
5.Which city of India will host the 12th edition of South Asian Games (SAF Games) in 2012?
6.Which of the following has acquired the theatrical telecast rights for cricket matches of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2010 and 2019 for Rs 330 crore recently?
Answer: Entertainment and Sports Direct (ESD)
7.Which Northeastern state of India now has four 'Chief Ministers', apparently to douse a simmering
discontent within the main party in the coalition?
8.Seventeen army men were killed in an avalanche that buried their training camp of an Indian State on February 8. That massive avalanche hits which Indian state?
Answer: Jammu & Kashmir
9.A massive earthquake has hit a country in South America on February 27, 2010 killing more than 700
people while leaving untold numbers missing and 2 million displaced, wounded or otherwise affected. Which
is that country?
10.Name of the jailed Cuban dissident on a hunger strike for 83 days died at the age of 42 on 23-02-2010?
Answer: Orlando Zapata Tamayo
11.Of which two sports have actors Mohanlal and Mammootty become goodwill ambassadors in Kerala recently?
Answer:Athletics & Volleyball
12.Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra will be the new face to promote guns made by which company?
13.Which of the following was selected as the official broadcaster of 2010 Commonwealth Games recently?
Answer: Satellite Information Service Live
14.The last Governor-General of British-India was
15.Some of the Princely States refused to join the Indian Union after Independence?
16.The great Indian saint who said, "There is neither a Hindu nor a Muslim: only man" was
17.Most important feature of the Indian culture is?
Answer:unity in diversity
18.Home Rule Movement was started by
Answer: Annie Besant
19. The first country which recognized the emergence of Bangladesh was
20. The Harappan Civilization belongs to
21. Hiuen-Tsang, the Chinese Pilgrim visited India during the reign of
23. The Capital of Andaman and Nicobar islands is
Answer: Port Blair
23. Which Indian ruler conquered Java and Sumatra?
Answer: Rajendra Chola
24. Raja Rammohan Roy was the founder of
Answer: Brahmo Samaj
25. The delta-forming rivers in India are
Answer: Narmada, Tapti & Krishna
26. The 1857 uprising failed mainly because
Answer lack of planning and leadership on the Indian side
27. Fibre crops are
Answer: Cotton, Hemp, Jute and Mesta
28. The call for "total revolution" was given by
Answer: Jayprakash Narayan
29. The first Communist Chief Minister of a state was
Answer: E. M. S. Namboodiripad